Covid 19 Test Kits
Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit
This swab test is to be used for the detection of COVID-19 - results available within 15 minutes with high accuracy
- One kit contains everything required to carry out the tests - no additional equipment is needed
- Approved by Public Health England & validated by the UK Government
- Results in 15 minutes
- Each kit includes clear instructions and is easy to use
- Pack of 20 tests
- Suitable for businesses and companies
- 20 test cassettes
- 2 extraction buffer vials
- 20 sterile swabs
- 20 extraction tubes and tips
- 1 workstation
- 1 instruction manual
- Qualitative, visually read results in 15 minutes
- No instrument required
- Room temperature storage or refrigerated (2-30°C / 36-86°F)
- Procedural internal control included
- Sterile Swabs, Extraction Buffer and Extraction Tubes included
- FREE Delivery
- Quantity DISCOUNTS Available
- Specimen: Nasopharyngeal (NP) Swab
- Time to Results: 15 minutes
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacture
What is antigen testing?
?Antigen tests detect proteins specific to a virus that appears in infected individuals, which indicates active infection. Rapid antigen testing is beneficial because of their portability, ease-of-use, and swift time to result.
What is the extraction buffer?
The extraction buffer includes components to dissociate viral proteins from their surfaces to be used as a target for the test. The method of the extraction buffer is used to prepare the test sample by dissolving the virus shell, which also deactivates the virus.
Does the test kit include transport media?
?The test kit includes an extraction buffer that is used to prepare the specimen for testing purposes. The extraction buffer IS NOT transport media and should not be used to preserve or transport specimens.
Can the test be used with alternative specimen types such as nasal swabs or any specimen contained in viral transport media?
?The Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Test is for direct nasopharyngeal swab specimen only. The test can only be used with the swab provided in the kit.
Can I collect the specimen and test at a later time?
?The specimen should be tested immediately after collection. The specimen can be retained up to 1 hour following collection if immediate testing of specimens is not possible. Dispose of the specimen and recollect if retained for more than 1 hour.
Can I freeze the device for long-term storage?
?The device should never be frozen. If refrigerated, allow the test kit components to reach room temperature before use.
Shelf life 2 years from production and is printed on the box, earliest date will be November 2022
In addition, here is a further helpful link detailing employers using lateral flow tests. Again info from gov.uk.
Catering First Aid